A Local Church Lay Servant serves in and through their local congregation(s).
To become a Local Church Lay Servant:
1. Be a professing member active in your local church/charge.
2. Discuss with your pastor how you are being called into lay servant ministry.
3. Complete the Basic Lay Servant Training Course, offered in NWP the third and fourth Saturdays in October. Both sessions must be completed.
4. Complete the Lay Servant Annual Report form and the One on One form each year for charge conference.
5. Receive annual recommendation from your pastor and the church council/charge conference.
6. Complete a refresher course every three years.
The next step in Lay Servant Ministries is the Certified Lay Servant. For more information, click here.